The History of the Cambridge Police Department Motorcycle Unit
In 1921, Chief John J. McBride created a traffic squad that was Initially staffed by seven Cambridge Police officers. By 1928, there were 36 men assigned to the squad. In August 2005, the department replaced the entire fleet of Harley-Davidson motorcycles with new BMWs.
Information and Photos provided by the Cambridge, MA Police Department